Looking for CO2 tank

Looking for CO2 tank  

By: alanleger18 on April 25, 2021, 10:12 a.m.

Hi all,

First time posting. I'm still relatively new to brewing and managed to get my hands on 3 ball lock Corny kegs. Anybody have good info on where to get CO2 tanks and refills? Info will be well appreciated.

Alan

Re: Looking for CO2 tank  

By: mattox on April 25, 2021, 1:34 p.m.

Probably the easiest way is to order the empty tank online, and then bring it to Depke Welding (https://www.depke.com/location/depke-urbana/) and swap it for a full one. An exchange costs something just less than $15.00. I think you can put a deposit with Depke and they'll set you up with the initial tank, but you are technically renting it from them if I understand their setup.

• Mattox
 Last edited by: mattox on April 25, 2021, 1:36 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: joel on April 25, 2021, 7:11 p.m.

I have one you can have for free. Steel, 20lb I think. Problem is it's old enough that it'd need to be recertified, which will cost something and may prove it to be scrap.

It could possibly be used as an entry into a cylinder swap program with some place like Depke, but they'd probably charge for recertification regardless.

Contact me if you're interested. (Does this forum do PMs?If not I'm at plutchak at hotmail dot com.)

By: Andylytical on April 27, 2021, 12:07 a.m.

Depke does charge for recertification but I think it's cheaper than the deposit. Call to verify.
The swaps are super easy. I just got a new 20# CO2 and it was ~$20.