Fall 2009 Grain Purchase

Re: Fall 2009 Grain Purchase  

By: _chase on Oct. 8, 2009, 11:25 a.m.

joel wrote:Mine looks good, but I have a question or two.

Does Greg's "BUZZ" Maris Otter include a bag to reimburse me for the latest pilot plant brew donation? If so, I don't want the bag of Maris Otter I listed. Also in that case I could take the extra half bag of brit malt, especially if it's the optic (Kyle, Chase).  I just don't want to end up with 135 pounds of british malt.

As for Chocolate malt, would BUZZ perhaps need a bunch for the upcoming bourbon barrel brew?

Well it looks like there is a half bag of TFMO available, if I split a bag of Optic with Kyle.

By: _bpeugh on Oct. 8, 2009, 11:27 a.m.

I guess if no one wants to go in on the Chocolate with Joel and myself, I guess we could always get a bag of Pale Malt and roast it.

By: _Anthony on Oct. 8, 2009, 12:15 p.m.

bpeugh wrote:I guess if no one wants to go in on the Chocolate with Joel and myself, I guess we could always get a bag of Pale Malt and roast it.

I don't think that is the way you want to go. The club can probably hold the remainder of a bag.

By: _Greg on Oct. 9, 2009, 2:16 p.m.

BUZZ/Mark-
Trying to finalize the club portion of the grain order.
Attempting to order ingredients for the Bourbon Barrel Stout project.
I will reply again by the end of the wkend.    Thanks, Greg

By: _z987k on Oct. 10, 2009, 6:23 a.m.

bpeugh wrote:I guess if no one wants to go in on the Chocolate with Joel and myself, I guess we could always get a bag of Pale Malt and roast it.

I'll go in on the chocolate with you.  That'd be roughly 18lbs a piece?  It doesn't matter to me but which malster's chocolate were you going with?

Also if there's any left over to make a full bag of Marris Otter, I'd take that to.

Zach

By: _joel on Oct. 10, 2009, 7:48 a.m.

z987k wrote:bpeugh wrote:I guess if no one wants to go in on the Chocolate with Joel and myself, I guess we could always get a bag of Pale Malt and roast it.

I'll go in on the chocolate with you.  That'd be roughly 18lbs a piece?  It doesn't matter to me but which malster's chocolate were you going with?

Also if there's any left over to make a full bag of Marris Otter, I'd take that to.Zach

The chocolate is down as from the Malteries Franco Belges (MFB); it's 300-375L. I personally prefer such lighter-roast chocolate. I've used Fawcett's Pale Chocolate (185-250L). Baird's is darker than I like at 450-500L.

See previous posts about the "extra" half bag; if you want any or all of that it's yours as far as I'm concerned. Mark?

By: _z987k on Oct. 10, 2009, 7:09 p.m.

joel wrote:z987k wrote:bpeugh wrote:I guess if no one wants to go in on the Chocolate with Joel and myself, I guess we could always get a bag of Pale Malt and roast it.

Also if there's any left over to make a full bag of Marris Otter, I'd take that to.Zach

The chocolate is down as from the Malteries Franco Belges (MFB); it's 300-375L. I personally prefer such lighter-roast chocolate. I've used Fawcett's Pale Chocolate (185-250L). Baird's is darker than I like at 450-500L.

See previous posts about the "extra" half bag; if you want any or all of that it's yours as far as I'm concerned. Mark?

I'll take any and all extra available.  I still have a ton of a few base malts, thats why I'm not ordering much but I'll clean up anything needed to complete bags.  Especially the chocolate.

By: _Greg on Oct. 10, 2009, 9:27 p.m.

BUZZ/Mark-
Pls kill the order for 55lb. of Flaked Barley for the Club.
Change 2  55lb. bags of Maris Otter to Pale Ale Malt.
The Club needs 13lb. of Chocolate Malt if there is still any to split to make a full bag order.
This should close the Club portion of the grain purchase.    Thanks, Greg

By: _MarkK on Oct. 11, 2009, 10:30 p.m.

Joel, Brett, Greg and Zach:

I made the changes you requested.  Please review and let me know if they are correct and acceptable.
Thanks,
Mark

By: _z987k on Oct. 12, 2009, 1:47 a.m.

looks good to me.

By: _joel on Oct. 12, 2009, 9:35 a.m.

Good here.

By: _Biddyk on Oct. 12, 2009, 3:31 p.m.

Looks good to me. A. Kuhns

By: _MarkK on Oct. 12, 2009, 7:32 p.m.

OK, Here is the final order.

Mark

By: _Greg on Oct. 12, 2009, 10:10 p.m.

BUZZ/Mark-
Go with that!  Thanks, Greg/Big Brew coordinator.

Re: Fall 2009 Grain Purchase due Nov. 6  

By: _MarkK on Oct. 25, 2009, 9:47 p.m.

The grain is on its way.  It was shipped Thursday and is scheduled for delivery on Friday, Nov. 6.  I will be out of town, so Anthony or another officer will coordinate the distribution of the grain some time that weekend. Keep an eye on the forum for details.

To get the bulk discount, I had to order 2 “bonusâ€