Triptych Brew Day Sat. 5/3

Triptych Brew Day Sat. 5/3  

By: _Greg on April 16, 2014, 12:41 p.m.

BUZZ Brewers-
Is there any interest in accepting Anthony's offer at last BUZZ meeting to Brew a big batch @ Triptych?
May 3, 2014 marks the American Homebrewers Association "Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day".
We have the capacity to brew a 50g. batch and allow 10 brewers to take home a 5g. carbouy to ferment.
We can do a simple American Pale Ale.
If you are interested and available Sat. May 3. Please reply to this post

Re: Triptych Brew Day Sat. 5/3  

By: _joel on April 17, 2014, 8:13 a.m.

I'll help out for awhile if I am able. I won't need to take a carboy home if there are too many chefs.

In past years they provided a recipe or two. Is there one this year?

By: _chase on April 17, 2014, 3:09 p.m.

I'll be busy in the morning, but will stop by and "observe" for a while.

By: _Anthony on April 17, 2014, 8:36 p.m.

Here are the recipes:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/a ... ebrew-day/

By: _Phillip Wilson on April 21, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

Count me in. I will take home some wort. What else do we need to supply?

By: _Marco on April 28, 2014, 2 p.m.

Change of plans for me. I can now participate. Schwartz beer? Are we doing extract?
Marco

By: _Anthony on April 29, 2014, 9:28 a.m.

After some discussion, we are going to move this to Lyle's house at 403 W Tomaras in Savoy. This will give us more freedom in what kind of sampling can be done, food eaten, etc.

I can't imagine Lyle would object to brewing happening in his driveway.

By: _Marco on April 29, 2014, 10:05 a.m.

So what's the plan? What kind of yeast starter is needed? What about ingredients? Also, I have a 16 gallon brew kettle if needed.
Marco

By: _Lyle on April 29, 2014, 10:20 a.m.

I am quite fine with anyone interested brewing in my driveway. Weather is showing partly cloudy in 60s. Anyone interested can bring gear or someone can certainly use mine. I have plenty of sanitizer and pbw. I also have all of the basics needed for a whole grain brew.

I also have a bunch of stuff I have to check on and probabaly throw out. Would be a good learning moment for what not to do!

I noticed there is not time listed, so let's start anytime after 9 am. If anyone is interested in scamming in on my system let me know. It typically takes 4 - 6 hours to brew on my system.

I will supply glasses for sampling of beverages brought (homebrew or commercial), we will cook hot italian sausage / brats / wiesewurst for lunch and chips. Anything you would like to contribute to the day for lunch or sancks would be welcome. We maybe able to scam onto some local commercial brews to sample.

Feel free to stop in but if you plan on making a day of it, please make a note in the forum.

To good brew, good times and good friends.

By: _Lyle on April 29, 2014, 10:23 a.m.

I am open to whatever size brew we want to do. I can do 7 gal of a normal beer. It might be interesting to see what eqp other people brew on if it is portable enough to make it to my house.

By: _Phillip Wilson on April 29, 2014, 4:39 p.m.

This would be a good opportunity for doing a Brew in a Bag setup (never tried it before). Count me in on bringing my own equipment. Hooray Beer!

By: _Lyle on April 30, 2014, 2:42 p.m.

For anyone wanting to do the schwartzbier, let me know the batch size and I will get distilled water.

I also have the following supplies available for use

1 lb of the following - us golding, us fuggle, nuggett, gr target, chinook,

lesser amounts of bravo, gr mittelfruh, saaz, gr saphir, centennial, willamett, citra, ek golding, cascade

bag of golden promise, baird pale vairous amounts of wheat, pale choco, brown, roast...

So far I have the following people brewing: phillip, marco, will. lyle if I have to. various people attending a portion of the day.

Please drop a note if anyone else plans on brewing.

Thanks, Lyle

By: _Anthony on May 5, 2014, 8:34 a.m.

Thanks for hosting us Lyle!

By: _Marco on May 5, 2014, 10:29 a.m.

Let's do it again! Marco