Can I borrow a stainless steel brew pot?

Can I borrow a stainless steel brew pot?  

By: _bpeugh on June 19, 2012, 11:44 a.m.

I was wondering if anyone had a 5-6 gallon stainless steel brew pot I could borrow in a week or two. I got my induction plate stove working and would like to try out brewing with it. Unfortunately my aluminum brew pot would not work so I have to ask to borrow a stainless steel one to see how it works before I buy one myself. I would be able to give it back next day or if I pick it up in the morning, same day. Thanks.

Re: Can I borrow a stainless steel brew pot?  

By: _Anthony on June 19, 2012, 1:28 p.m.

The pot will also have to be ferromagnetic. Unfortunately none of the brewing pots I have are.

By: _Greg on June 21, 2012, noon

Brett-
I have an ceramic overlayed 5g. pot I use for decoctions you might use as a trial. No lid.
My front line kettles are converted 15.5g. kegs. They are such that the bottom doesn't sit directly on your proposed heating element.
Truthfully, I don't know much about the induction stove you are planning to test. Ferromagnetic pots = $$ ?

By: _Anthony on June 21, 2012, 1:47 p.m.

A magnet needs to stick to whatever pot he is going to use... I don't know that they are usually that much more expensive, they are just a different grade of stainless.

By: _bpeugh on June 21, 2012, 9 p.m.

Thanks Greg. See if a magnet can stick to it and let me know next time you would be coming to town.