Bottle Input

Bottle Input  

By: _Marco on July 11, 2012, 2:33 p.m.

Which vendor has the best deal on bottles? Friar Truck or a specific online vendor?

Thanks for your input.

Marco

Re: Bottle Input  

By: _Lyle on July 11, 2012, 3:52 p.m.

Honestly, unless you are buying a bunch (multiple cases), Tucks is competitive with online. By the time you pay shipping, it comes ou tin the wash. I have bought some sepcialty bottles from other vendors online but in my advanced age, I can not remember who it was. I will drop you a note when I remember.

I remembered - Freund Container Corp. They are out of Pontiac, IL and is close enough to pick up if you are going that way.

http://www.freundcontainer.com/

By: _joel on July 15, 2012, 9 a.m.

What kind of bottles do you want, and how many? I periodically try to clean up my basement and it inevitably involves tossing out bottles. I may have some destined for the recycle bin.

Otherwise, I like German half-liter bottles-- they're sturdy, a good serving size for many styles, and can be purchased full of tasty beer. As a bonus the labels usually come off easily.

By: _Marco on July 17, 2012, 10:59 a.m.

I was looking for 12 to 22oz bottles. I mainly want to store high gravity beers. I was just fishing to see if there was some deal on bottle on the internet someone has found. I'd be happy to take some of your bottles off your hands Joel.
Marco